When Real Estate comes to mind, the last thing you think about is digital marketing. Let’s think about it, according to the definition of “Real Estate” from Merriam Webster, it is defined as “property in buildings and land” which has been around for as long as people have been around. Digital Marketing on the other hand, is defined as the use of the internet, mobile devices, social media, search engines, and other channels to reach consumers”. Some marketing experts consider digital marketing to be an entirely new endeavor that requires a new way of approaching customers and new ways of understanding how customers behave compared to traditional marketing.
Alright, if Digital Marketing was only introduced after 2K and Real Estate has been around for centuries. WHY is Digital Marketing so vital to success in Real Estate Investing, Development and Agencies in today’s world? One word, ease. Digital Marketing and the internet as a whole, has made Real Estate an easy endeavor for ANYONE. Yes, it doesn’t matter if you’re an agent, developer, or investor. Below we’ll go over possible scenarios for each.
Real estate agents know this fact best:
You are the brand.
What better way to establish your brand than through highly public social media profiles. Not only will you be using your social media accounts to interact with your real and digital community, but others will turn to social media to find out more information about their potential real estate agent.
No matter what kind of real estate agent you are, your consumers are active on social media platforms like Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc. Having a social media presence will gain you credibility by individuals being able to connect a real person to your business. It will also help you gain traction through content marketing on multiple platforms.
Here are a handful of social media tips for real estate digital marketing:
- Educating your clients through quality blog articles
- Directly chatting with your followers to listen to their thoughts
- Promote your community, not just yourself.
- Sharing videos. People are much more likely to view videos if presented through social media. Live video is even better.
Having active social media accounts boosts your online presence which does wonders for your website’s SEO.
After buying or making a website, you need to create content on a consistent schedule to attract visitors to your website and generate traffic. Use Google’s Keyword Planner to brainstorm ideas for your blog using words that people are searching for.
If you’re too busy to write blog posts and promote your website, you can easily hire a marketing agency such as Kurve to do the work for you.
Once you’re generating enough traffic to your website, you can monetize that traffic to generate revenue from your website. Here are a few ways you can make money from your traffic.
- Advertising: You can sell ad space on your website or use an ad network like AdSense to monetize website traffic. When people click on an ad, you earn money.
- Affiliate marketing: This involves promoting and selling products created by other businesses. Whenever someone buys a product through your recommendation, you earn a commission off the sale.
- Selling products: You can also create and sell your own products, like e-books, online courses and software on your website.
- Sponsored content: Advertisers will often reach out to you to sponsor blog posts that promote their own brands and products. They will pay you to write about their products on your blog.
The reason why Digital Marketing is rapidly being adopted by Real Estate developers is because:
Lower Acquisition Cost — Cost Per Lead of the leads generated by Digital Marketing campaigns is comparatively lesser than that of the traditional outdoor advertising campaigns. This is particularly important in cities like Mumbai and NCR where the cost of running outdoor campaigns is sky-high.
Performance can be Measured — The performance of the Digital Marketing campaigns can be measured and the campaigns can be tweaked to decrease lead generation cost.
You are in total control — In the Digital Marketing medium, as a Real Estate marketer you have greater control over the campaign. You can control the geographical reach of the campaign, you can target the campaign to the audience of specific age, gender, income etc.
For more information, or for a FREE Consultation, visit our website at www.kurvemarketing.com!